Denki Hero Roboman (Kanji: 電気ヒーローロボマン, lit. Electric Hero Roboman) is an anime series created by Kyōgo Yamashita and aired on NHK between 1977 and 1978.
Mako Kanehata is a young girl from a very wealthy family, when sees threats from the mischievous Akumas, she calls in the powerful Roboman and they work together to save the day.
- Kei Tomiyama as Roboman, the titular hero of the series.
- Tomiko Suzuki as Mako Kanehata, Roboman's best friend and loyal companion.
- Sadako Yamada as Akumas, small creatures who live for mischief.
- Reiko Mutō as Mako's mother.
- Kōsei Tomita as Mako's father.
- Rihoko Yoshida as Atsumi, a girl who often rivals with Mako.
- For the second half of the series, there is a cold open and next episode preview featuring a narration provided by Hiroshi Masuoka.
- Lyrics by Kyōgo Yamashita
Composition and Arrangement by Isao Tomita
- "Denki Hero Roboman (電気ヒーローロボマン)" by Susumu Ishikawa
- "Akuma Dance (悪魔ダンス)" by Sadako Yamada (eps 1-20)
- "Roboman Ondo (ロボマン音頭)" by Haruo Minami (eps 21-40)
- Denki Hero Roboman was the last anime to feature Sadako Yamada, who voiced the Akumas, before her abrupt retirement in 1978 and subsequent death in 1995.
- It was also the first anime the studio produced under Shochiku's ownership.