Denki Hero Roboman Chuu (Kanji: 電気ヒーローロボマンチュー) is an anime series rebooting the 1977 series created by Kyōgo Yamashita and aired on NHK in 1994.
Produced as a tribute to Yamashita, the franchise's popularity skyrocketed, spawning a boatload of merchandise, including a PC-98 video game.
Mako Kanehata is a young girl from a very wealthy family, when sees threats from the mischievous Akumas, she calls in the powerful Roboman and they work together to save the day.
- Kōichi Yamadera as Roboman, the titular hero of the series.
- Tomiko Suzuki as Mako Kanehata, Roboman's best friend and loyal companion.
- Masako Nozawa as Akumas, small creatures who live for mischief.
- Reiko Mutō as Mako's mother.
- Kōsei Tomita as Mako's father.
- Kōhei Miyauchi as Professor Yamashita, a caricature of Roboman's original creator Kyōgo Yamashita, a scientist who knows more about Roboman than even Mako herself.
- Ginzō Matsuo as Bearman, a close friend of Roboman.
- Haruko Kitahama as Taniko Ichihara, the Kanehata family's housekeeper.
- "Denki Hero Roboman (電気ヒーローロボマン)" by Hironobu Kageyama
Lyrics by Kyōgo Yamashita
Composition by Isao Tomita
Arrangement by Ryūichi Sakamoto
- "Yie-Ar Robot (イーアールロボ)" by Jun Togawa
Lyrics and Composition by Jun Togawa
Arrangement by Susumu Hirasawa
- Denki Hero Roboman Chuu was the last Studio XYZ anime in which Reiko Mutō has done voice work, as according to Yukinori Yamashita, "[the studio] felt like Mutō had already done enough voice acting for us in her life, so [the studio] just had her move on to other projects after recording for [Roboman Chuu] was finished."