Joshikousei Aragoto Kabuki Girl (Kanji: 女子高生荒事歌舞伎ガール) was a very short-lived TV anime created by Kyōgo Yamashita and aired on MBS in 1989.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Three high school girls, Kuniko, Tooko and Kikuko, are very interested and experienced in the art of Kabuki theatre, and they use it to battle against evil lurking in their town.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Megumi Hayashibara as Kuniko Izumo, the 18 year old head of the trio.
- Yūko Mizutani as Tōko Ichikawa, 17 years old. When not in Kabuki, she's the most introverted of the three.
- Mayumi Tanaka as Kuniko Onoe, a 19 year old unstoppable fighter.
- Toshiya Ueda as Danjū Ichikawa, Tooko's uncle and a kabuki enthusiast. The girls often gather around in his house.
Theme Songs[edit | edit source]
Arrangement by Haruomi Hosono
Opening[edit | edit source]
- "見得しましょう！ (Mie-shimashou!)" by Kuniko Izumo (Megumi Hayashibara), Tōko Ichikawa (Yūko Mizutani) and Kuniko Onoe (Mayumi Tanaka)
Lyrics by Kyōgo Yamashita
Composition by Haruomi Hosono
Ending[edit | edit source]
- "北国の春 (Kitaguni no Haru)" by see below
Lyrics by Haku Ide
Composition by Minoru Endō
- "川の流れのように (Kawanonagarenoyōni)" by see below
Lyrics by Yasushi Akimoto
Composition by Akira Mekine