Kitchen no Ohimesama (Kanji: キッチンのお姫さま) was the first ONA produced by Studio XYZ.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Najika Kazami is a girl who is passionate about food, whether it comes to eating or cooking. She treasures the place she calls home, an orphanage in Hokkaido called Lavender House, as well as its owner, Hagio. But as much as Hagio and the fellow orphans love her, Najika decides to leave the orphanage to attend a special academy in Tokyo, hoping to achieve her dreams of being a pastry chef.
However, Najika has another reason for leaving for the academy. She hopes to find the boy she calls the "Flan Prince"—a boy who touched her heart with a cup of flan seven years ago. Now 13 years old, Najika finds that the spoon that he left behind with the flan shares its emblem with the school she has been accepted to—the prestigious Seika Academy.
With high hopes, Najika enters her school's beautiful campus and becomes a first-year student in Seika's junior high division. While unpopular with her fellow classmates due to her love of eating, she seems to find support from two boys who recognize her culinary talents—the popular brothers Daichi and Sora Kitazawa. Will Najika be able to find her place in the academy with her cooking, and perhaps also reunite with her Flan Prince?
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Yui Horie as Najika Kazami, an orphan that came from Hokkaido after losing both her parents in an accident, with dreams of becoming a pastry chef.
- Miyu Irino as Daichi Kitazawa, a student who is popular with the girls at Seika Academy, though not quite to the extent that Sora is.
- Tamaki Nakanishi as Akane Kishida, a classmate of Najika whose ultimate goal is to become a super model like her mother was.
- Daisuke Ono as Sora Kitazawa, Daichi's older brother who is very popular with girls in school.
- Akio Ōtsuka as Fujita, the owner of Fujita Diner, which was originally run-down and unpopulated, but, with the help of Najika, became a popular place for the students of Seika Academy to eat at.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Seiya Mizuno, a new transfer student who replaces Najika as the culinary representative.
Theme Songs[edit | edit source]
Opening[edit | edit source]
- "Strawberry short-Cut" by NAGISA COSMETIC
Lyrics, Composition and Arrangement by Yasutaka Nakata
Ending[edit | edit source]
- "Kitchen Shock→" by Plus-Tech Squeeze Box