Kyodai Shishin Robot: Si Xiang Machine was the studio's first anime to make use of 3D computer graphics, provided by their then-recently opened XYZ Computer Works division.
The series revolves around giant robots modeled after the Four Symbols of chinese mythology, piloted simultaneously by a male and a female pilots.
- Yūji Ueda as Ryūji, the male pilot of the Seiryū.
- Kazuhiko Inoue as Kaibō, the male pilot of the Suzaku.
- Shigeru Nakahara as Tokio, the male pilot of the Byakkō.
- Keiji Fujiwara as Junya, the male pilot of the Genbu.
- Omi Minami as Miyo, Ryūji's sister and the female pilot of the Seiryū.
- Mayumi Tanaka as Shirley, a ganguro girl and the female pilot of the Suzaku.
- A running gag involves Shirley unsuccessfully attempting to romance Kaibō.
- Miki Itō as Motoka, Tokio's girlfriend and the female pilot of the Byakkō.
- Miki Narahashi as Junko, Junya's little sister and the female pilot of the Genbu.
- Unshō Ishizuka as General Kōryū, the mentor to the pilots.
- "Meguru Kisetsu wo Koete" (めぐる季節を越えて, Beyond the Season) by FIELD OF VIEW
Lyrics and Composition by Yūya Asaoka
Arrangement by FIELD OF VIEW and Daisuke Ikeda
- "Collision and Improvisation" by Pizzicato Five
Composition and Arrangement by Yasuharu Konishi