Meitantei Shōjo Kaori (Kanji: 名探偵少女香里) is a 2000 5-episode OVA series based on the character created by Kyōgo Yamashita.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The beautiful girl detective Kaori is on her biggest case yet: She has to discover the whereabouts of world famous artist Marianna Lamode.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Hiromi Tsuru as Kaori, the titular detective girl.
- Yōko Soumi as Marianna Lamode.
- The series is narrated by Kazuko Yanaga.
Lamode's Associates[edit | edit source]
Artists who have worked with Lamode in the past.
- Kōichi Yamadera as Adalbrecht Hämmerli, a german artist.
- Mayumi Tanaka as Hiroko Ōno, a parody of Yoko Ono.
- Kazuhiko Inoue as Angelico Nucci, a mysterious Italian artist who always covers his face.
- Toshiyuki Morikawa as Ignace St-Pierre, a french artist and the only one of Lamode's associates who she told the truth about her origins.
Germany (OVA 1)[edit | edit source]
The wealthy Pfefferberg Family[edit | edit source]
- Mayumi Tanaka as Eleonore, the Pfefferberg mother.
- Ginzō Matsuo as Olaf, the Pfefferberg father.
- Daisuke Namikawa as Lennart, the Pfefferberg son.
- Satomi Kōrogi as Elise, the Pfefferberg daughter.
Others[edit | edit source]
- Mahito Tsujimura as Sven Kirchner, an elder in a wheelchair who gives Kaori help in where the first clue to Lamode's whereabouts might be.
Japan (OVA 2)[edit | edit source]
- Tōru Ōhira as a sumo wrestler who guides Kaori to Hiroko Ōno's art expo.
Italy (OVA 3)[edit | edit source]
- Masayo Kurata as Maria, a model who Kaori meets at a fashion show.
Theme Songs[edit | edit source]
Ending[edit | edit source]
Composition, Arrangement and Performed by Sōichi Terada
- "We Came Together"
- "Hohai Beats"
- "Purple Haze"
- "Binary Rondo"
- "Sunshower" by Nami Shimada
Lyrics by Naoko Shimada
Composition by Yōsuke Sugiyama
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Marianna Lamode was modeled after Hatsuko Koshita.