Penguin Darling: The Great Show is a 1993 OVA produced by Studio XYZ, it served as the definite conclusion to the Penguin Darling series, which was cancelled in 1991 after the airing of its 15th episode.
It's been 3 years since the events of the series. Takako Matsuura is now a 20 year old mass idol in the prefecture. To extend her fame to the entire country, Shira-P plans to put on a great show at none other than the Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre, but will Takako manage to pull it off in time?
This section is a work in progress.
The OVA starts at the gym of the school Takako used to study in, with the director of which announcing the performance of a former student. He announces that he had met with a polar bear (Shira-P) who would like to present something in front of the student body.
A now 20 year old Takako Matsuura comes through the curtain in a golden outfit. Various students are shocked to see her in such radiant apparel. Takako introduces herself to the dumbfounded audience as a former student of the school who was expelled for her dream of becoming the idol she is now, summarizing the events of the series's first episode. As Shira-P proceeds to prepare the music, Takako gives him a sign to start playing. She performs Kimi no koto ga suki, the opening song to the series.
After the performance, Shira-P congratulates Takako for the performance, and she is relieved that it turned out to be such a lasting impression on her former schoolmates.
- Yūko Mizutani as Takako Matsuura, a young penguin girl with a beautiful singing voice.
- Maho Sōma provides Takako's singing voice.
- Bin Shimada as Shirayuki "Shira-P" Kumagai, Takako's polar bear producer.
- Masaharu Satō as the principal of Takako's former school.
- Kotono Mitsuishi as the nurse who takes care of Shira-P at the hospital.
- Mami Koyama as Takako's choreographer.
- Masashi Ebara as an assistant.
- Omi Minami as Takako's daughter, who is seen at the end of the OVA.