Ponpoko Sanpo (Kana: ポンポコさんぽ) is a game tying into the Ponpoko 4-Kyoudai World Tour OVA.
Released just 5 days prior to the TV anime's premiere, the game was later localized outside Japan as Coons on the Run, where the siblings are replaced with generic raccoon characters.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Ponpoko Sanpo has the player use the computer mouse to control Hiroshi Moriyama in a series of puzzle stages.
If you click anywhere in the level, Hiroshi will go there. If you see an item, click on it for Hiroshi to pick it up. The goal of the game is to reunite Hiroshi with his brothers, first Fukuya, then Mitsuru, and lastly the goal: Maruo. If any one of the triplets falls onto a bottomless pit, the stage will be considered failed.
The levels, each with 10 stages, are themed with a country visited in the OVA, ordered in the exact same order they are visited:
- Japan (日本), the game's tutorial level and the only one playable in the game's demo version.
- France (フランス)
- Easter Island (イースター島)
- Italy (イタリア)
- Brazil (ブラジル)
- China (中国)
- Egypt (エジプト)
- India (インド)
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Ryō Hirohashi as Hiroshi Moriyama, the most mature of the brothers and the game's main character.
- Haruna Ikezawa as Fukuya Moriyama, a self-proclaimed "tough boy" who never turns down a fight.
- Mamiko Noto as Mitusuru Moriyama, the most naïve of the brothers.
- Chiwa Saitō as Maruo Moriyama, who gives tips to the player at the start of certain levels.