Riyūnaki Hangyaku Bulldog Boys (Kanji: 理由なき反逆ブルドッグボーイズ, lit. Rebels without Cause: Bulldog Boys), trademarked in the US as Bulldog Boys, was a TV anime series that was worked on until July 1977, however, it didn't air until September 1978 a week after the finale of Denki Hero Roboman.
Riyūnaki Hangyaku Bulldog Boys is based off and extends the storyline of a 1974 one-shot manga written and illustrated by Shigehisa Chida.
The series revolves around a trio of teenage rebels as they make their way fighting those who seek it and look forward to teaming up with the top delinquent in their school: Goro Kuroda.
- Kazuhiko Inoue as Takao Inukai, head of the Bulldog boys.
- Tōru Ōhira as Kenji Masui, a huge, wide and bald boy who is unrivaled with strength, staying true to what his weight and size tell.
- Ryūsei Nakao as Torisuke Takada, a slick boy who specializes in quick thinking, but has a fear of talking to women, particularly Rina.
Peach Berry Melon PatrolEdit
- Hiroko Maruyama as Momoko Tatsuoka, head of Peach Berry Melon who is almost as skilled a fighter as Takao.
- Rihoko Yoshida as Rina Kibe, a shady girl with no second thought in saying what's on her mind.
- Yōko Mizugaki as Urie Kino, an introvert with a secret crush on Takao.
- Kōsei Tomita as Goro Kuroda, the top delinquent in school.
- Haruko Kitahama as Ms. Umeboshi, the trio's teacher who is respected and feared by the rest of her students.
- Miyuki Ichijō as Nana Chiba, Takao's love interest in episodes 5 through 16, when he found out she already had a boyfriend.
- Keiko Yokozawa as Ringo Kashino, an incredibly smart girl.
- Kazuko Yanaga as Mikan Inukai, Takao's somewhat overprotective mother.
- Hiroshi Ito as Mitsuru Inukai, Takao's father with a yakuza past.
Composed and Arranged by Shunichi Togura
- "Bulldog (ブルドッグ)" by Four Leaves
Written by Akira Itō
- "S.O.S." by Pink Lady
Written by Yū Aku